Tuesday, May 19, 2009

popsicles

I am sure by now you all now that I do not give my kids packaged foods. Maybe on occasion, I will give them a store bough coconut milk ice cream sweetened w/ agave syrup, but 99% of the time their treats come right from my kitchen made by mama!! I strive to give them and my husband and myself, as much raw food as possible. So treats are usually raw cookies, raw dairy smoothie, fruit, grain free baked goods(I use almond flour or coconut flour) and stevia or raw honey are the only sweeteners I use.
When the nice weather comes around, I start making popsicles. I found some molds that are BPA free(safer plastic) You can buy them on amazon.com. Tovolo popsicle molds.
You can put just about anything in them. My basic recipe goes like this:
-kefir or yogurt
-blueberries
fill mold 1/2 way w/ blueberries
add in yogurt or kefir
pop top on and freeze
You can do this w/ any type of fruit you like.
I also will blend up a smoothie and fill the molds w/ the mixture.
-raw cream
-raw egg yolk
-kefir, yogurt, or coconut milk
-fruit
-sometimes stevia
-vanilla extract
I always have this on hand during the nice weather months. When the neighborhood friends are getting the ice cream mans ice cream(if you can even call it that) my kids get their ice pops.

No comments:

Post a Comment