Sunday, January 18, 2009

about me

My name is Debbie. I am the mother of RJ(4.5yo) and TJ(2yo) and the wife to Bob . We live a pretty "traditional" or "old fashioned way of life. I stay home with the kids and Bob goes to work. I cook 3 meals a day and usually make our own snacks too. We follow the nutrition principles of Weston A. Price and this actually makes up a large part of our life. I have always LOVED eating and cooking and learning about nutrition. I have gone through many different schools of thought regarding good health, over the years and finally have landed in a spot that makes the most sense to me.
We do not use many of the modern conveniences such as microwaves, boxed or jarred juices, frozen dinners, boxed snacks etc......(don"t misunderstand though, we certainly are not cooking all our food over a fire and reading by candlelight) We eat organic, pasture raise animals and eggs, raw dairy, lacto fermented foods and drinks, lots of great fats(butter, coconut oil, animal fats, and extra virgin olive oil) We do not eat organ meats but I am certainly going to make an effort to add these in our diet. We eat soaked and sprouted grains, seeds, and nuts too.
A couple of more things about me: long term breastfeeder, baby wearer, co sleeping, ex hair stylist/colorist, chemically sensitive, highly sensitive, love to learn, love to travel, love to feed people, love time alone, love the beach and love Days of our Lives(my only tv time)

No comments:

Post a Comment