Sunday, January 18, 2009

cconut everything!!

I love to make baked goods w/ coconut flour. Surprisingly you use very very little flour in recipes. Its got a very high fiber content and so you need more liquid in comparison to the dry ingredients.
It does not contain phytates so there's no need to soak the flour first.
I love coconut oil!!! We use it for just about everything in the house. Its EXTREMELY healthy and it taste s good too.
Coconut milk is fabulous. I use it in smoothies, baked goods, curries, and homemade ice cream.
Shredded coconut is yummy in raw cookies(dried fruits, nuts and coconut) As a coating for shrimp and chicken, its great!!I use it in my homemade granolas and mixed into yogurt too.
Coconut water is delish!! We use it in smoothies, coconut water kefir and just straight up on the rocks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment