Thursday, February 12, 2009

raw nut cookies

This is a FAVORITE in my house!
1.5 cups of raw, soaked and dehydrated nuts(I like a combo a macademia, brazil and cashews
1.5 cups of shredded coconut
1.5 cups of dried fruits(I like apricots and prunes--raisins are good too)
1 tsp of vanilla extract
a pinch of sea salt
Place nuts in food processor and chop until fine. Add the rest of the ingredients an process until a ball forms. Transfer mixture to a plate and start making balls. I use a measuring spoon so all the cookies are the same size. With your hand or the bottom of a glass, flatten cookies and dehydrate at 95 degrees for 8 hours.
* if you do not have a dehydrator just place cookies in fridge on a plate in a single layer and cover
leaving the cookies in the ball shape is great too. You can call them truffles!
A note about the kind of cook that I am: I have lots of recipe books and I look for recipes on the net but I do not think I ever followed a recipe exactly as is. I am an emotional cook and an artist at heart so things never are the same in my house. Any of my recipes can, for the most part, be translated into whatever works for you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment