Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ryans favorite breakfast

*****over easies w/ sprouted toast***** My oldest son has a huge appetite! He can easily have 4 soft boiled egg yolks and 1 egg white. If I make bacon or sausage too, he will eat 2 links or up to 4 pieces of bacon. His favorite breakfast(or lunch) is sprouted english muffin or sprouted toast w/ over easy eggs and a side of sausage or bacon.
I give my kids, my husband and myself raw egg yolks when I can(at least 1 raw a day). So an easy way to eat them raw is to separate the white from the yolk before cooking. In a small frying pan heat a couple of tsps of bacon fat or coconut oil and cook the white over medium low heat until cooked. While the white is cooking toast your bread. When toast is done, smother it w/ butter or coconut oil and carefully spread the raw egg yolk on the toast then place the cooked white on the toast. I use only 1/3 of the white because it contains a protein called avidin which binds to the biotin in the egg yolk and prevents absorption of this vitamin(vitamin H or B7). The egg yolk has an unbelievable amount of nutrition in it and its easily absorbed, especially raw.

No comments:

Post a Comment